
This well-used, green bowl is now part of my vintage Pyrex nesting bowls. I don't know how it made it into my set. This was my Mamaw's bowl. She wrote her name, in her very recognizable hand writing, on the bottom probably to make sure she got it back from one of her many garden club, bromiliad, orchid or some other society meeting she must have attended. Today I mixed brownies in it for my family. I wonder haw many different things my Mamaw made in this bowl and where all it has been. So Mamaw's name, Treva, has almost worn off but I'll remember her every time I use the bowl.



2 comments:
GREAT BLOG! Great bowl, great story! I have SL bowl (shoulda' stocked up on'em while they were on close out). It's yellow, but appears to be of almost the same quality? So, I can tell that is a really great bowl. And, what an heirloom for Avery ;)
You know, I wait all day to see what you're gonna post :)
Such a cool story!
Post a Comment