March 20, 2008.

Sorry, no picture today. I dropped off Avery at the sitters for the big Easter party, went to the bank, went to target so Payne could buy the Lego helicopter he wanted yesterday but did not have his money, bought a dining set at World Market (being delivered next Monday), did some serious house cleaning (like you really want to see a picture of that), went grocery shopping, fixed dinner, finishing the last of 6 loads of laundry and now posting. So Regina knows what I've been doing today (since I know she checks here daily for her Krishna fix), I had to post for ya. I did learn that yes, you too, can feel like a real, hard-working housekeeper by following these simple steps: (1) put on workout clothes, (2) get your ipod going and crank the latino Ricky Martin music up loud enough to drown the sound of the vacuum or any 6 year old in the house yelling he is bored, (3) sweat your ass off, and (4) stand back and look what a great job you've done till the owners come home and, true to fashion, destroy the house like mini-tornados. I will tell ya that as much as I enjoyed having housekeepers over the last 6 years, they don't come close to cleaning as good as I do. I've never had a housekeeper clean ceiling fans, clean all the groves on the panel doors, clean the dust on baseboards, move furniture to vacuum the dust that collects under couches, vacuum the crap and crumbs that gets lodges between couch cushions (kid gunk) and vacuum the corners or the little sliver of area where the baseboards meet the hard floor or carpet, ya know, that space the vacuum cannot reach. Yeah, that's my kinda cleaning. Granted I only go this nuts every couple weeks but it is so nice to know its clean.

Hope everyone has a great Easter.

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

WHEW!! Cleanin' my style!!!

Whoop-WHOOP for you!! And, only we see those things...well, some people aren't as dedicated but once I get going? I make a new list of all the little stuff I won't be able to hit that day.

Baseboards? Sheeze, all your dirty cleanin' words are really workin' me up here.

[Hmmmm, maybe I "am" a freak, LOL!!]

And, yes. Then the rest of the family returns and hours of work are "superficially" destroyed in minutes -- Just...as...DH...walks in.

But still....the perfection of clean is a "high" of it's own!

(Oh, FYI, I try to always comment but sometimes can't. But, I DO always read you daily)