Sunday, May 11, 2008--Mother's Day



What a nice mother's day. I received some very beautiful roses, a cute Care Bear card that plays music, a handmade pillow from Payne, a hand-made little pot with a snake on it that Payne crafted from clay, painted, glazed and fired in art class, and two wonderful cards from him. My uncle sent a mother's day email with vibrant pictures of flowers, and i did no cooking. I did make a brownie an my family came over for warm brownies and ice cream after church.




And, as you know, i live next to the cemetary. Every Mother's Day, this lady's birthday, etc., this family has a gathering at her grave. Today it was a full fledged pachanga with an eight piece Mariachi band that played. She must have really been someone special. I bet there were 50 people there. It was a busy day over there all day anyway.



2 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

How great for you! I feel a little...um...cheated on my special day.

I'm saving ALL my presents for all occassions for the whole year for a lap top (super-dooper one) which I [we] plan to pay for with the $$$ Pres. Bush is sendin' us.

And, I did tell DH (after he admitted he didn't even get me a card) that I'd rather have the $5 bucks toward my Lap Top.

Still??? Where was the extra special treatment....Geeze...Phewp...

Oh, and now he is feelin' ill (like I did all week... go figure? I gotta' be nurse to DH on Mama's Day)...

But, your roses are BEEEE-YOU-T-FULL!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! To be that loved...