Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today I pondered my closet as I was choosing something to wear for church. I have an 8 ft closet that is full. The floor is a heap of shoes I wear all the time, flip flops, mules, crocks, tennis shoes, etc. The bar is full of clothes, mostly work clothes, casual clothes, a wedding dress. I gathered all the work type clothes and pushed them all to one side which was actually about 3/4 of the closet. The rest is tshirts, casual pants and capris and a few dressier clothes. The top shelf is work shoes that stay in boxes. I contemplated packing up all the work type clothes since I don't know when I will wear them, some suits from the stuffy-law office- days, slacks that maybe I'll wear in winter, etc. I regularly check the Job section of the classified, the job boards, etc. and I don't know why. I'm enjoying this time of my life, my work clothes are tshirts and shorts. Tshirts get dirty with kid gunk then go in the rag big. I don't worry about dry cleaning anything. Maybe its time to face facts--maybe not. I think I'll keep the work clothes a bit longer--or else my closet will be pretty bare!

4 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Yep....I finally took some of mine to Bobbles and Beads to sell. Of course, I was lucky if I made a couple of bucks.

Some I've donated to our Kiwanis Rummage sale. Some I've given to Aubree for dress up.

The rest I'm selling in my yard sale (once I get out there and do it).

I figure, when I do get back out there? My clothing will no longer be in style. ;-)

Ang said...

We have a place with our local job center that is called "Clothes that Work". You donate office type suits and they provide the interview appropriate clothing for their clients. You might see if your local job center has something similar or maybe the woman's abuse shelter. Then if/when you do have to go back into the grown up world..you can get the latest "up to date" office fashions..LOL.

Happy Housewife said...

Check out my new blog for savings at CVS and also freebies and good deals

http://dailydoseofsavings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

donate to Dress for Success. It will be a good excuse to shop if and when you do go back. :)