Okay, so many of yall know I'm frugal, cheap, thrifty, whatever you want to call it. I've been thrift shore shopping, garage sale shopping , etc. for years, probably since highschool, way before I met richard, long before it was fashionable to save money. Here are a few of my recent finds.
So, I discovered that HEB sells their meat very cheap early in the morning. Like 6 a.m.ish. Its not expired but will in a couple days so I've been doing that and cutting out grocery bill a lot. So then yesterday I was telling my money-saving pal, Farmer*sWife, about my recent grocery store meat score. I hit the store at 7:15 a.m. and got the following, here is the receipt. four packages of backon wrapped steakes, two per package for $3.00, ground turkey 1.25 lbs at $1.39 per package, chicken breasts boneless, skinless, almost seven lbs total for $6.08, 3.62 and 3.43 and then pork riblets, almost 4 lbs for 2.48 and 3.64. all was repackaged and went into the freezer for later use. Nice savings, all these were 1/2 off or more. last week I got ground pork for $.71 per punds.
Recent garage sale find. three large vases, will use for christmas decorations for $10-garage sale.
Pewter bowl, markdown Goodwill price, $.99
A true passion, thrift store shopping. Avery's winter wardrobe, mostly name brand, stuff I saw last year at Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place, etc. With senior discount when I took my grandparents, most stuff was under a couple bucks. No stains, the coat still had tags, no stains and no fading on anything. many items had tags. My fave was the .99 black velvet dress, paired with 2.99 gap black mary janes and .29 new black tights for winter. Payne got an almost brand new carhart jacket, wrangler and Levis jeans and several nice, unfaded long sleeve shirts. I rarely buy shoes though at the thrift store because the really get too much wear.
Walls insulated bib overalls, Richard's size, $12.00. Almost new, can't tell but probably worn once.
And the before and after of our bedroom lamps with a $12 new shade and a coat of silver spraypaint.




4 comments:
YOU ROCK!!!!! I need to go thrift store shopping one morning while the kiddos are in school!
Holler a day before when you are going out and we'll make it a "savings date!"
;-)
sounds good. any friday is best for me. this week i can after 10 a.m.
Awesome finds, Krishna! I love wandering around thrift and consignment stores, looking for good bargains. I really like the lamp, too!
Wow, you are good at that! I love the pewter bowl and the lamp.
Post a Comment