November 17, 2008

Hi friends.

No pictures to put out yet, i'm being lazy lately. I wanted to tell ya'll that the December issue of Reader's digest has a letter to the editor written by yours truly. On being frugal, of course. Other things to report are that we will be visiting richard's parents for thanksgiving and avery and I plan to head to SA to visit a friend on Friday after thanksgiving, I've started holiday shopping in an effort to avoid the rush and catch a few good buys here and there, i've learned I really really really need iced tea in the morning to stay sane and I have been fighting terrible snack/junk food cravings. Sucks when you are trying to loose those last 8 lbs by Christmas. Avery is in the terrible 3's and i am so thankful for my fridays off. Avery gets her first haircut, well trim, wednesday so watch for pictures later in the week.

On the thrifty homefront, I've emailed a few friends about a Toy Swap and are trying to recruit 30+ participants to bring 10 gently used toys to swap with other moms. I've been considering making my own laundry soap from a recipe i found on my Frugal Friends board. These women swear its better than the mainstream soaps, uses fels naptha bar, borax (which I have) and washing soda. My cooking has taken a new turn and i've created a few pretty yummy dishes these last weeks and one not-so-good dinner which i refused to eat. Oh well, can't win them all.

I'll post some pictures in the near future when Avery does not take up every waking second of my day! Please tell me I'll look back on these days with fond memories of Avery and Payne as children. i need to hear it! Love ya'll.

2 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

She's a girl. She's your girl. She will ALWAYS take up every waking minute of your day. Even, when she grows up and moves out.

:-D

And, yes you will totally miss every moment. I already miss the threes (though, Lil'Gal swared to me that "Avery is FOUR").

Happy Monday PM!

Susan's 365 said...

That's cool that you got your letter in the magazine. I haven't read the December issue yet so I just pulled it out to read your letter.